SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

265 overheating, help!

John Pearson I just bought a 265 diesel. It runs strong but after about 15 min the temp gauge pegs and I have to shut it down.It in Northeast Tx,95 degrees or so. There's enough coolant, and the fan belt seems tight enough. Is this indicative of a stuck thermostat? The radiator does seem to have a lot of fin damage on side facing the fan. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Len Rugen I have a 255, I think the same basic tractor, just slightly smaller engine. When I got mine, the radiator was clogged with junk from loader work. These are hard to get too with things blocking the front access. I'd say you are going to have to take off all the sheet metal. Give the radiator a good cleaning. However, if it's the origianl radiator, it may be clogged internally. When I got the external junk off, the core leaked everywhere. I got a replacement over the internet fairly reasonably (6 years ago however).

If you get it cleaned and don't have leaks or it's not durty, I think you would have to have removed that sheet metal to get to the termostat anyway :-)

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: