SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 2720 Clutch slave cylinder

Leon Du Toit I have purchased a I&T Shop service Manual for this tractor, but still have no access to an exploded diagram of the slave cylinder itself.There are three sets of hydaulic seals on either side of the slave cylinder, I have purchased new seals from Massey South Africa,but the clutch still leaks oil from behind the male section that fits into the slave cylinder, and I am trying to find exploded diagrams to see what needs to be fixed to stop the oil leaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Geoff Leon I have never worked on a 2700 series only 2000/5's but if the set up is the same and from a fast failing memory I think there is a seel on the front of the speedshift housing. That would mean removing the clutch cylinder and you should see the seal directly in front of you where the gearbox input shaft goes in. Provided you have satisfied yourself that the new seals you have fited ore ok then I would get a new seal first and then dig the old seal out (I think you can do that from the front) Carefully slide the new seal over the shaft....some grease or vaseline on the splines to prevent cutting the new seal would help....knock the new seal in and assemble and test.....hope everything goes ok...Geoff

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: