SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson wont start

steve My 2775 wont start. I can jump the selenoid and it will start, but I replaced the selenoid and then the key switch and it still wont start. Im thinking that if I can jump the selenoid then it has to be a bad selenoid still, even though it was replaced. If its not the selenoid, what else could it be?
GEEBEE Could there be a blown fuse in the switch curcuit ?
Terry Probably nothing wrong with the solenoid if the unit starts when you jump it.

No harm in checking for a bad fuse. That would be an easy fix.

I'm not familiar with your model, but it could easily be a bad safety switch in the circuit between the ignition switch and the solenoid. Lots of tractors have them, usually on the clutch, PTO, etc. They keep the engine from starting if the clutch isn't pressed, the trans isn't in neutral, the PTO is on, etc.

Test the ignition wire coming from the switch to the solenoid. Remove it from the solenoid, put a tester on it, and see if you're getting any voltage when the key is turned to start. If not, trace backwards until you find the problem.

scotty phelps Sounds like the issue i've got the neutral switch or connections have gone out

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: