SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey pto question

Bob Thomas I have a massey ferguson 35 (mid 60's). It will not go in PTO while running. It will just grind. If you shut it off - you can get the PTO into gear and then it will work. Could this be an internal linkage problem or a PTO clutch problem?
GEEBEE Bob, it sounds like either the pedal is way out of adjustment or the PTO clutch gap needs resetting, if you don't know how to do this i can send you instructions
Dan Schafer GEEBEE, could you provide me a link to instructions also. I have the identical problem with a tractor I purchased saturday. Greatly appreciated.
Dan Schafer found a page describing what I assume is the same procedure.

http://vintagetractorengineer.com/2009/01/adjusting-clutch-pedal-freeplay-on-mf35-pto-clutch/

I think I'll try this and learn more as I go

Bob Thomas I will give this a try. Thank you
Ron Possehn I have a 1240 Massey and I am not quite sure where the hydralic fill is, I think it is on the rear drivers side, is that right? Thank You Ron

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: