Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel Info needed

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel Info needed

Bret Green I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.
Any problems with these tractors?
Hydralics good?
How is the Perkins Diesel engine long lasting, easy starting?
What do these sgo for?
Thanks
Bret

scott : I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.
: Any problems with these tractors?
: Hydralics good?
: How is the Perkins Diesel engine long lasting, easy starting?
: What do these sgo for?
: Thanks
: Bret

they are a good descent 52 hp tractor......weak area on tractor is power steering and the steering itself.....is it loose?? new buschings will fix that......perkins is good.....have one with 4500 hours on it.....last 1300 hrs have been pulling a large 14x18 inch sq baler in alfalfa......

Tommy Poe : : I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.
: : Any problems with these tractors?
: : Hydralics good?
: : How is the Perkins Diesel engine long lasting, easy starting?
: : What do these sgo for?
: : Thanks
: : Bret

: they are a good descent 52 hp tractor......weak area on tractor is power steering and the steering itself.....is it loose?? new buschings will fix that......perkins is good.....have one with 4500 hours on it.....last 1300 hrs have been pulling a large 14x18 inch sq baler in alfalfa......

Tommy Poe : : I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.
: : Any problems with these tractors?
: : Hydralics good?
: : How is the Perkins Diesel engine long lasting, easy starting?
: : What do these sgo for?
: : Thanks
: : Bret

: they are a good descent 52 hp tractor......weak area on tractor is power steering and the steering itself.....is it loose?? new buschings will fix that......perkins is good.....have one with 4500 hours on it.....last 1300 hrs have been pulling a large 14x18 inch sq baler in alfalfa......

I saw your discussion and thought I would ask you a question. I have a MF 3165 with front end loader that I bought a few years ago and now fixing to o/h engine. I have a concern about the power steering, you have to fight the steering with all you have to turn it. I want to fix it while I have it torn down, any suggestions where the problem might be, pump or cylinder?

william newberry : : : I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.
: : : Any problems with these tractors?
: : : Hydralics good?
: : : How is the Perkins Diesel engine long lasting, easy starting?
: : : What do these sgo for?
: : : Thanks
: : : Bret

: : they are a good descent 52 hp tractor......weak area on tractor is power steering and the steering itself.....is it loose?? new buschings will fix that......perkins is good.....have one with 4500 hours on it.....last 1300 hrs have been pulling a large 14x18 inch sq baler in alfalfa......

:
: I saw your discussion and thought I would ask you a question. I have a MF 3165 with front end loader that I bought a few years ago and now fixing to o/h engine. I have a concern about the power steering, you have to fight the steering with all you have to turn it. I want to fix it while I have it torn down, any suggestions where the problem might be, pump or cylinder?

Christian Hey all:

Speaking of hydraulics, how do you fill the massey 165 with fuid?

Christian

: I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.

Ed Hydraulic fill is the big nut right under the steering column

chris : I'm looking at a Massey Ferguson 165 diesel with a loader on it.
hi i would like to know how to put rear remote for a hay bind on my mf 165 is it possiale??

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: