SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Smells like fuel leak...

Donna Kilpatrick Hello all-
I have a new MF 75 HP tractor (350 hours) that I use in my work as the Livestock Manager at Heifer International's Overlook Farm in Rutland, MA. I am the only operator of this tractor. Lately (during the last week) the tractor has been smelling really strongly of diesel but I have looked everywhere and see no leaks. I was turning a huge amount of compost last weekend when I noticed the smell, but apparently it was REALLY bad, because the clothes that I was wearing smell SO strongly of fuel that they are still out on the porch. I also woke up in the middle of the night and threw up for about two hours after I had been on the tractor all day- I feel confident it was from the fumes. I can't see smoke and I can't see a leak. Does anyone have any idea what I should do??? Of course... I need to cut hay next week and the tractor is down. That's always the way it works. I have a lot of tractor experience (20+ years) and have never seen anything quite like this. Thanks- Donna

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: