SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulic Filter Canister MF 255

Bruce Calhoon HELP: The canister for the hydraulic filter element is frozen on my MF255. I had hoped to free it without having to pull the whole unit out, but if you put too much torque on it, it looks like you could tear things up (my typical outcome). So, before I remove the canister unit, does anyone have any advice on freeing it up? Second question, are there any aftermarket spin-on replacement kits that anyone is aware of for this canister/element version? I have searched but to no avail (I saw plenty of oil-filter spin-on kits). Many thanks in advance!
Len Did you get the bolt out & the can is stuck? I don't remember, is there a sepreate bolt thru the can or is the can cast w/ a nut on top.

I remmeber mine being TIGHT...

Bruce Calhoon Thanks for the reply! The canister is cast with a nut on top - no bolt going through it. The canister body is threaded where it seats in the base. I have tried a pneumatic impact wrench (400 ft lbs torque) with no success.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: