SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1952 to 20

Don Warren what does the "S" stand fr and what is its use on the TO 20
GEEBEE The "S" position on the trans is for start, moving the gear lever to "S" activates a switch to start the tractor. A lot of these were bypassed when the switch went bad and replaced with a push button or key operated starter switch.
Donald E. Warren Sr. I just bought this tractor and there are no manufacturers numbers....at leat ones that I can find....what is the best way to tell if the tractor is a 20 or a 30?

GEEBEE If still there. a small plate on the dash would show the model and ser.#, TO20 has the Continental Z120 engine , TO30 the Z129, engine model # on left side of engine just below the head, Z120 has internal oil filter accessed through a plate on bottom of oil pan Z129 external filter on R.side of engine below exhaust, TO30 has air intake screen on R.side of dash.
Donald Eric Warren WHAT HAVE I DONE? Recap I bought this tractor with the assurance that it was in need of a carb overhaul only. with the help of this forum, I installed the kit, and replaced fuel lines and plugs. It stated but ran rough and would not idle (ran for 5-10 secs and then stopped) All of a sudden the positive cable started to get really hot and even melted the lead terminal post. I didn't alter anything electrical. I was wondering if I overloaded the circuit. I thought that I had been coverted to 12v. HELP
jim don.sounds like your starter switch has disintergrated and is causing a major short inside. all you need to do to convert to 12v is to change coil, gen, regulator and any globes. starter will handle the 12volts.hope this helps

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: