SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF165

Ray Asbery Purchased a MF165 and never used it for anything but mowing, but recently purchased a post hole digger. Tried to use the digger, but cannot figure out how to make the hydraulic push down on the digger. Adjusted the draft, read the users manual, but no downward pressure. Any ideas how to make the down pressure work or is something not working correctly?
Thanks
Ray

GEEBEE The 3pt hitch does not have down pressure, the weight of the implement should get it started if your auger is in good shape unless very hard ground, we sometimes hang a couple of wieghts on ours or dig a starter hole with a spade is its very hard.
Ray Asbery Thank you, I really thought I was missing something. Yes, the ground is hard, but also the cutting tips were dull. Sharpened them up and it worked like a charm.
Thanks again

Frozenjim I had the same problem with mine - solution was unusual and simple but hugely time-saving.

We found that cutting away the top 1" of sod BEFORE you start the auger cuts your time in half. without down pressure, your auger just doesn't want to start cutting through grass.

So our first step now is to get out a spade and cut out an 8" - 10" circle - just deep enough to remove the grass. The auger will bite right away now.

It sounds silly, but it made our lives far easier when drilling holes with the Massey 165.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: