SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Why won't my TO-35 start?

Nicholas Sheehan Come on guys, I need some help here! The tractor started last month but ran reaL ROUGH, so I put a carb kit in. Then I started it and it was still running rough. So I marked the position of the distributor on the engine block and turned the distributor advancing the spark. The motor died and it hasn't started since. I put in new gas. I put in a new ignition, coil, roter, distributor cap, points and condenser. I pulled the distributor, took out No. 1 plug, wadded up a peice of paper towel and stuck it in the No. 1 hole, turned the engine slowly until the paper blew out of the hole. I placed the distributor back in and aimed the rotewr at no. 1 plug. Tightened the dist. Tryed to start it. NOTHING..... What am I doing wrong. Please give me an idea.
Dwayne First you need to determine if the problem is gas related or electrical. Remove the carb and spray starting fluid in throat. If it runs your problem is electrical. Check for bluish spark when plug wire near frame and engine cranked. There are only four parts that can fail; points, condensor, coil and ballast resistor(if required). If not enough gas is getting to carb clean the fitting under the tank.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: