1994 MF 231 Loader Question

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

1994 MF 231 Loader Question

Wayne Wheeling I am considering buying a MF 231 from a friend. He is asking $7500 for it. It has always been garaged and has only 251 hours with about 30 of those at my house. My question is if anyone has one and installed a MF Front-end loader, what do they think? The dealer said something about having to shift the hydraulic fluids to the front or something like that and the counterweight implement on the rear would sagafter a while when losing hydraulic pressure? What is that all about. This ould be my first tractor, and any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Len I looked at a 231 but didn't buy it, but as I understood things, the hydralics either operate the lift arms or the remote, not both concurrently.

I got a used 255 instead, it has a second pump for the remote, or at least, it will operate independantly of the lift arms.

For a 231, I wouldn't try to lift something so big that I needed a counter weight. You could have the rear tires filled w/ fluid for weight.

Mike Your dealer is correct. I have a MF231 w/ MF232 FEL. You have to switch a valve to operate. The 3PH will go down while operating the loader. I lift the large rolls of hay and buckets of anything without weights. No problem.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: