MASSEY FERGUON 6180

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

MASSEY FERGUON 6180

greg
Has anyone had any trouble with the clucth on any of the 6100 or 8100series tractors. We have had ours worked on several times . The 6180 we have will lunge when you let out on the clucth.

Ian Crawford :
: Has anyone had any trouble with the clucth on any of the 6100 or 8100series tractors. We have had ours worked on several times . The 6180 we have will lunge when you let out on the clucth.

I have had a similar problem with an 8120 which would lunge forward after release of the clutch pedal or would not move at all, I found low gas pressure in the accumulator (the bottle on the right hand side by the gear selector cover)which was not supplying extra oil when required, ie- when difflock was applied or when starting off using the clutch and having the tractor come out of 4wd (remember that 4wd is applied automatically when the tractor is stationary and comes out when tractor moves off) hope this is of help.

Tim Blaise Yes I have and it is a real pain in the butt. What I did was bought new rems on them and then coated them. It was a few years ago and I can't remember much.

Chris George :
: Has anyone had any trouble with the clucth on any of the 6100 or 8100series tractors. We have had ours worked on several times . The 6180 we have will lunge when you let out on the clucth.

Chris George : Yes This seems to be a big problem with this series of tractor fitted with autotronic transmission system, as the clutch is feathered in the system will detect the tractor movement and put the tractor out of 4WD as it reaches 1.5 km/hr speed, this demand of oil to 'blow off the 4WD clutch upsets the standby pressure to the clutch in the system (170 bar)that is also supported by the accumulator, this is put in to deal with sudden demands for oil that would drop the supply pressure from the pump. Check the seals and leakage of the 4WD clutch system as any leakage makes the problem much worse, get underneath and see if there is any movement in the shaft out of the box, may need shimming. You can always switch the 4WD on during backing up/pulling off as long as you remember to switch it off before driving on a hard road. so we are trying to ---
1---Get the 1.5 km set higher so that it does not interfere with backing up to implements, as this involves reprogramming it is not easy to get anyone to do this .
2 -- fit new or additional accumulator to system to support oil supply.
3 -- reset oil supply pressure to 190 bar that all the current systems are now, this is set on valve under bonnet(hood) at eye level hexagon key and shims--take care here.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: