SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

replace front axle pin MF 35

mike oatman I set out to replace front axle pin on a MF35 and found when I removed axle it is worn past bushing . I am having the axle pin hole bored out and a bushing made to fit new hole size. My question is why not make the new bushing the same thickness as the axle? The replacement bushing is only 5/8 long , but the axle is over an inch thick. I cannot see any reason not to make the bushing the same thickness as the axle. Thanks in advance for any information.
Geoff Mike I know just what you mean. The easiest and most common solution in an MF service repair workshop is to put 2 bushes in....one from each side of the axle beam pivot hole....I have done more than I care to remember and have had little or no problems .....Geoff

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: