SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 30 hydrostatic not working properly

Richard I just aquired my MF 30 and it does not seem to shift right.. In reverse it starts out smooth and easy but forward it has to be reved up and then jerks when it takes off and stops as soon as you ease up on the petal. Is this and easy adjustment or is it a major problem? Would greatly appreciate and information and advice I can recieve. Thanks Richard
John Hi Richard,
That's odd, mine does pretty much the same thing.
In reverse, it picks up and engages just as smooth as silk. Going forward, I have to get pretty good engine RPM's up and then it will jerk into gear, after than, it's pretty smooth.
I look forward to people's ideas on this.
Funny thing, the more I drive it, the more this odd part about going forward seems to be getting better.
Maybe I just need to drive it more????
John

GEEBEE Those problems are usually an indication of wear and/or leaking seals in the forward clutch pack, not a simple fix :(
Dave I I have an Ind. 304 with the instant reverse and my trans was doing the same thing in reverse. I do not know if your 30's are the same as my 304, but what was wrong with mine was the pin that connects the linkage was worn out and not providing enough throw. And, like yours, the warmer the oil got the easier it would shift into gear. It was a $3 fix and hopefully this is all you'll need.
If not, It probably is the seals.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: