MF 65 - Lift doesn't work - rod dropped in gearbox

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

MF 65 - Lift doesn't work - rod dropped in gearbox

Emmanuel Theodosiou I have a MF 65 tractor. I was changing the oil in the gearbox and while waiting for the oilt to drain, I opened an inspection plate just in front of the seat. There were 2 bolts. It looked like an inspection plate. A rod protrudedwhen I took the inspection plate off, then dropped back down into the gearbox. The lift will not work, and I haven't a clue where the rod went. Needless to say, I wish I hadn't touched the plate. All advice is welcome with thanks in advance!
Big Dean The rod you are talking about is the standpipe The plate is the transfer cap. There is a hole in the pump body the standpipe fits into. you may have to remove the access plate on the right that the dipstick is in to get the standpipe out if it fell in the rear housing. I was a Massey Ferguson mechanic for 27 years if you need more help on this email me Big Dean

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: