SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

My Massey 135 won't start

Will My Massey 135 gas Perkins 3 cylinder won't start.
I have gas in the carburator and spark at the plugs. Any ideas?

Jeff Z. Is the gas getting to the cylinders.
Get a squirt can with some gas in it and give the carburetor a few squirts while someone turns over the engine.
Also, Check to see if the spark will jump around a 1/2 inch. Weak spark could be points not opening. Check the gap.

Will There is gas in the carburetor. If the choke is on too long, gas runs out of the carburetor around air intake. I have spark at the plugs.
Could it be the governor?

Jeff Z. Probably not.
Will Could there be something stuck in the carburetor?
Float or something.

Len How about some history? Is it new to you or did you break it? It takes fuel, compression and spark at the right time to run. You say you have spark, so pull the plugs, they could be fouled. If they are wet, you could be flooded. If this is new to you, check the plug wires for firing order. Is the gas fresh?
Will Hi Len,
I have had the tractor since April. The fuel is fresh. It was running last week. I haven't pulled the plugs yet but will tomorrow and check to see if they are fouled. If gas runs out of the carb is it possible that something is plugged in the carb. Should the carb be rebuilt?
Thanks for your help
Will

brady my mf will not start. when i turn the key it makes a winning sound, then i turn the key to start and it fires up. well the winning stopped. when i turn the key nothing then when i turn to start it tries to fire but sounds like it is not getting fuel.
any ides.
my book said pre pump?
can a 1/2 handy man fix that in the field?

brady my mf will not start. when i turn the key it makes a winning sound, then i turn the key to start and it fires up. well the winning stopped. when i turn the key nothing then when i turn to start it tries to fire but sounds like it is not getting fuel.
any ides.
my book said pre pump?
can a 1/2 handy man fix that in the field?

rajn Hi, I have MF135 which was parked for 3 weeks and when what to start it could not. I tried using jumper it started and then run it for one and half hours. When turned off and want to start again, I can not. It gives the sound of turn but then no start.
Hope you have some ideas so that my toy starts up again.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: