SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Do you have to split a 175 to remove the auxilliary pump?

Ronnie I have a M175 diesel with multipower, pressure readings are as follows main piston pump reads 1000psi and the auxillary reads 50psi. This tractor has a front end loader which works slow at high rpm's which explains the 50psi reading. My question is do I have to split the tractor to remove the aux pump? I am going to rebuild both pumps or replace to get it back to top working order but hope I do not have to split tractor.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Ronnie

Geoff Ronnie the 100 series tractors were designed to be able to remove the auxillary and main Ferguson pumps without splitting the tractor. The auxillary pump can be removed without splitting but it is VERY tight....ie not a lot of room.....if you get a bit frustrated trying to wiggle it out you might consider splitting....you can't rebuild the aux. pump but you can rebuild the Ferguson pump....there was 2 types of auxillary pump....high flow and low flow....low flow was for multi-power only and high flow for multi-power and external services (spool valves etc)....there was 2 different makes as well Plessy and Cessna....I think plessy is the only one available now but I might be stood corrected on that one.....Best of luck with your repairs....Best regards...Geoff
Ronnie Thanks Geoff, I was able to get the pumps out last night,patience is must. Do you know what kind of pressure the aux is supposed to be at? I am trying to run a wood splitter off of this tractor.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: