SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

231S Solenoid in front of PTO handle

Keith Bryson Hello,
I have searched without any luck to find out about the 2 wires that go to a solenoid on the chassis of my tractor in front of my PTO engage/disengage handle. One of the stake-ons broke off and I have to reach down and make contact with it to start my tractor. My question is, is there anyway to bypass that? It is a bad design to leave those wires exposed. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith

Ron Kight I purchased a 231S a few years ago. When I purchased the tractor, both wires on the solenoid were already broken off, the wires were connected together. The switch these wires are connected to is a switch which keeps you from starting the tractor if the pto is engaged. Mine have been jumped together for about 4 years now. I rarely use the PTO so I am not too worried about trying to start with pto engaged, In my opinion, though probably not the safest method, I would just pull the wire from the other terminal go to an electronics shop, buy a double male spade connector, some shrink wrap, join the wires together cover with shrink wrap, and not worry much about it. Just remember to disengage pto when starting if using pto driven equipment just to ease the burden for the starter.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: