SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 150 PTO Locked up

Rickey Red Last Friday after just starting to do some cutting with a 5 foot cutter, I hit a large ant mound after coming off a hill. The tracor died. I disengaged the pto, started the tractor, and reengaged pto. The engine lugged down but no movement from the shaft. At first I thought something was hung under the cutter but when I disengaged the pto (it would not disengage running) and started the tractor the pto would turn by hand spinning the shaft. After a few attempts the tractor came home on the trailer. The next morning I started the tractor back up and the pto worked fine. Any ideas about what may be happening would be great. Don't won't to tear something major up when a minor repair may be all that is needed.
Ronnie Sounds like the problem is with the cutter not the tractor. If you have'nt already, disconnect cutter and run pto without the attachment.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: