SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

135 oil leak

Calvin Hi, I have an oil leak on my 135. Hopefully it will just be the rocker cover gasket and possibly the exhaust gasket.
Any tips on removing the hood and fuel tank?
I may as well check the tappet clearances whilst I have the hood off.
Do I turn the engine over with a spanner on the crankshaft? Anything to make it easier to turn?.
What else should I check/ change whilst I Have the hood off? I will change the fan belt and check the hoses.

Thanks Cal

GEEBEE Sounds like a good plan Cal, the hood is simple to remove, take out the 6 small bolts where it fastens to the dash, then with a long socket through the holes on each side of the bottom of the hood wings, loosen the pivot bolts 2 or 3 turns, get a helper, tip the hood forward and pull off. Removing the tank will be obvious when the hood is off.
Dwayne McClain I changed the oil an a Massey 135 and the new oil filter I got had an O ring that goes around the top of the filter cover. When I removed the cover, it did not have an O ring on it. Now that I put the new one on with the O ring, it leaks oil real bad aorund it, any advice??? I am thinking of taking it back off and removing the O ring and trying it that way.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: