SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

hydrolic fluid leak

ron Hi guys. I have a problem which just came about the last time I used my tractor. It is a 1962 MF 3 cyl perkins deisel. When I cranked it up, hydrolic fluid started pouring out from around the starter. I moved all the levers around trying to stop the flow, but it continued leaking from the area around the starter until it was completely dry of fluid. Is this the symptom of a blown seal/gasket somewhere or something else going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
GEEBEE The usual cause of hyd oil in the bellhousing is a failed trans input shaft seal, though i've never seen one gushing out, i think the drain hole in the bottom of the bellhousing must be plugged (it should have a cotter pin in it to keep it free) and oil has been accumalating in there for some time, you will be lucky if the clutch isn't also contaminated. The tractor will have to be split to fix.
ron Thanks very much GEEBEE for you timely reply. I will start rounding up the necessary tools and supports for the task at hand. If you know of a source of info. explaining the steps, it would be most appreciated, but I have access to a shop manual, so I may be able to proceed on my own. Thank you again!! Ron

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: