SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ferguson TO35 oil capacity

jeff I have a ferguson to35 , the oil plug says 90W for summer and 120W for winter , can you guys tell me the type of oil/hyd fluid to use and how much ?? please, thanks

JB

GEEBEE Quite a bit of debate on this subject on some of the tractor forums, the recommended trans/hyd/diff oil is GL1 90w MINERAL oil (not gear oil) to MF specs M1103
GEEBEE Oh yeah, think it takes about 6 gals.
jeff So the modern hyd oil you get from a tractor supply company isnt the right stuff ?
GEEBEE If your tractor hydraulics are in good shape you can use the same oil as the 100 series tractors, this is MF Permatran 3 or a good trans/hyd oil meeting MF specs M1129A, i have also heard of some that use 15/40 motor oil apparently with no ill effects, your tractor, your call :)
George The capacity of the TO35 and the FE35 is 8 US gallons or 6.6 Imperial gallon or 30.28 litres. We use any good universal tractor oil in both engine and transmission. If in a very hot climate you could consider using, for the transmission, a 90 gear oil but not an EP. Recommended oil change for the transmission is every 750 hours in normal farm use and lower the lift right down to expell the oil from the lift ram.
Fred i believe its 8 gals.

I buy the hyd/trans oil for my to-35 at NAPA
they have gl-1 in 5 gal and 1 gal containers.

they may need a couple of days to order the oil, but it's the lowest cost of any gl-1 that i have found.

rich4 Dito, my NAPA has GL1 90 weight in stock for most applications for older tractors.
Tim Little confused on TO35 oils and capacities...

Transmission: 32 qts. 80 or 90 weight ?

Hydralic lift: Hytran? or ? and Capacity

Thanks
Tim

Darrell Baker Is the GL1 mineral oil thin like regular hydraulic fluid? My TO35's fluid is red like regular fluid
penny novak What is the fluid capacities and fluid type for a Massey Furguson 35? also what is the year for serial number 9A 114 684?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: