SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

M35 erratic idle then cutting out - Help..

Roasty Hi can you help, I have a Massey Ferguson 35 , 3 Cyl that has been going well but recently after about 10 mins it idles erratic and then cuts out. If I bleed the system it is ok far a while but go's again. I have cleaned out the fuel tank but still the same, help .....

GEEBEE Does sound like a fuel flow problem, you will have to go through the system again, could be the fuel shutoff at the tank, filter above it?, faulty fuel lift pump or blocked screen on the top, blocked fuel filters or 2 sealing rings installed accidentally, or blocked fuel line, just start at the tank and check for good fuel flow through the system.
Stew Edwards We have a MF135 which is very similiar and do suffer the same problem. As indicated by previous response we started at the beginning and checked everything. The problem was the gauze filter in the tank just above the fuel shut off valve. The problem still happens from time to time, the gauze filter gets a gel covering, possibly originates in the winter when the diesel goes below freezing and waxes a little.
Our subsequent quick fix is to remove the inlet to the lift pump, ie the line from the tank to the pump, and put an airline on it blowing the gel off the gauze filter in the tank.
I am sure there are a thousand reasons why this is bad practice but it keeps you going after about 5 minutes work.
Kind regards
Stew

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: