SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1964 MF165 hydraulic re-assembly question

Mario
1964 MF165 hydraulic re-assembly question

Hi, My brother is just about done re-assembling his 1964 mf 165 hydraulics. From the right side access plate there is a lever actuated by an arm. He can't remember if the lever goes in front of or behind the actuating arm. In the attached picture, the green arrow points to what I call the lever and the red arrow points to the arm. Anybody out there knows which side it should go on?

Tom from Buckeye Lake Sir: The valve control lever and roller must rest against the lower adjustment screw button head. It looks wrong in your picture! The lever is spring loaded and the roller contacts the rounded knurled screw.

I would suggest that you use a fine tag wire around the roller so if you drop the roller it can be pulled out of the case. Don't ask just why I know that!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff The lever is on the wrong side of the control valve. Remove the roller from the control valve arm and push it forward then refit the roller....all 100 series tractors have the roller in front of the vertical lever.....Regards....Geoff
Mario Thanks Geoff and Tom for your knowledge and advice. It's much appreciated.

mario

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: