SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 304 shuttle transmission

Truman Brown 1966 Massey 304 shuttle transmission. Engine runs great, but have to drag it around with backhoe. Shuttle transmission does not work, it makes no noise with engine running. Where should I start to repair it?
Dave I There is a port on the top of the tranny by the bell housing. You will want to pull the center plug without turning the outer nut. (If you do that, the copper tube will twist & break) Hook a guage to this port and start the tractor. You should get around 160 psi. If you don't get any pressure then your pump in probably bad. If you do have the pressure, then your clutch pack is probably bad. There are a few other adjustments you can do, but try this first.
I had the same problem with mine, but my clutch pack was bad. I have manuals (service and parts) so if you need any other info, feel free to contact me directly.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: