SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 30 Industrial (backhoe) steering issues

Steve Terplak Need some help,
I have a Massey 30 Industrial backhoe with some major steering issues. The powersteering does not seem to be working correctly as the tractor, when running, steers extremely hard to the right. In order to turn left you have to fight the wheel with all of your strength. If there is a load in the bucket, forget about turning, the tractor goes where it wants. In the steering mechanism there are two small hydraulic rams, one on the bottom extending to the left (when facing the tractor) one on top (smaller than the other) extending to teh right. The smaller top one is stuck extended, it does not move in and out and i believe this is the problem. My question is, what is causing it to remain stuck? Is there anyway to unstick it? What is this part called?
Thanks!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: