SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 1080 issues, looking at buying one!

Ryan Mabee I just got back in from looking at one, and would like to hear what you guys think. The one I looked at is a mutipower, with the duel rear remotes, has a cab and 7200hrs. Its in very good shape, minus a few issues:

1. The rear 3pt will not move up or down. You can use the lever inside and it doesn't seem to do anything. Could this mean the pump is shot? The guy says the rear remotes work perfectly and there is evidence they were recently used.

2. The start solenoid seems to be sticking, it has a new battery in it but it clicks many times before the solenoid will finally engauge. Not a big deal right?

3. Also checking the oil while the tractor is running it seems fine. However when my buddy checked it with the tractor was off, it looks like there might be evidence of some water in it. Possibly a small head gasket leak? or is it possible that it could have been a built up of condensation in the motor. The motor idles and seems to run/drive perfect without any smoke.

Those are the only 3 issues I could find with the tractor, any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ryan

same i was lookin at one 3 point was only thing not working . the tractor had a loader that runs off remotes guy told me could run only remotes or 3 point that has to be switched by changing screws under the seat I look under c 4 set of screws under seat

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: