SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 35

brian power steering fluid is leaking out the left pitman arm shaft. will replacing the oil seal behind the dust seal fix the problem. also the shifter spins around. how do i replace the broken shifter pin. can i put a new pin in without removing the top plate.
John Brian,

A new seal should fix you right up. I just replaced one and the seal number in my parts book (195 588 m1) could not be located by my dealer. I bought one for the MF 135 seal (1090346m1) which is the same diameter hole for the seal to go in. Or you could go to a parts store and give them the dimensions for the seal(1 1/8 x 1 7/16 x 1/4"). Just be careful when you take out the pitman shaft to replace the seal. They all have to be timed up or you wont have full travel when you steer. If you don't have a manual which explains step by step and is highly recomended, then know which tooth went into which groove on the right pitman shaft and also the groove for the rack at top. If you mark them before you take out your left pitman shaft then you should be alright(use a rubber/plastic hammer to drive out the shaft). After put back together you'll have to then adjust the tension on the lash screw, both right and left side that goes through cover assembly.

The shift levers have pins in them. You'll have to take off the steering gear housing assembly (fairly heavy) to get to the lever pins. If it's the gear shift pin then you should just drive out the old pin. If it's the high-low shift lever a little more difficult due to one side is right next to a piece of the housing making it more difficult, but with a little finess can be done. I would reccomend a parts manual and service manual for your tractor, money well spent, saves time and lowers blood pressure. Good Luck, John

John By the way, it should be gear oil leaking which is in the housing. Power steering fluid should not be getting in there. Gear oil in housing and power steering fluid in the pwr steer pump. John

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: