SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

to35 input shaft seal

TIM I am replacing the transmission input shaft seal. I have the tractor broken apart but the input shaft will not come out of the transmission. Do I need to remove the bearing cover under the input shaft to allow the shaft to come out?
Geoff Tim you have it in one. You have to remove the round bottom plate and then the circlip and the washer. Then use 4 setscrews the same thread as the ones that hold the plate on and thread them into the holes in the bearing housing and evenly pull it off....the screws will have to be a bit longer obviously....when the plate is off you pull the end of the shaft forward slightly to let the gear inside drop down this will then allow you to pull the top housing off....assembly is just the reverse....hope this helps you and you get on ok....Geoff.
Tim Thanks Geoff, that did the trick. I did what you said and the shaft came right out.
mike wrench shaft will not move forward enough to allow gear to drop down.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: