SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 1240 PTO switch

Dan D Petry My Massey Ferguson 1240 utility tractor starts and runs fine but dies as soon as the PTO switch is engaged. Blows 15 amp fuse immediately. Tried a 20 amp fuse; same result.
Tractor sat all winter. PTO not locked up; moves by hand.
Any ideas

Gerald Kusse I have a M-F 1250 that is doing the exact same thing that your 1240 is doing. Have you had any success in finding a fix?
Gerry

bkruse There is a diode in the circuit that may be blown. The only other possibility is the PTO solenoid is shorted. The PTO switch has to be in the off position to start the tractor. Email me and I will send you the electrical schematic. My vote is for the diode, since your note indicates it starts OK.
richard diegan My 1240 starts ok, but when you put the right side gear lever in a gear the motor stops.also when its rumming and you put the pto switch to engage the moter will stop, but you can move it back the engine will keep running, its just the gear lever right side that stops the engine. then you have to turn all off and start all over again, any help! Please.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: