SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Lift working backwards on MF175

Jerold Ketron I have 2 different, Massy Ferguson tractors, one is a MF35 Deluxe Gas, other is a MF175 Diesel, the lift control on the 175 is working opposite that the one on the 35, Seated on tractor, to raise the arms on the 175 you shove the lift control forward to the downward most position, completely opposite to the 35 on it you pull the lever up and backwards to raise the lift arms. The MF175 also has a remote hydraulic system that has oil lines connected to the PTO lever plate on the left side of the tractor, if those lines were inadvertantly reversed, would that have any effect on how the Lift arms works? The way it works now, after being used to how the MF35 works, as with any other tractor for that matter, is a bit confusing when trying to control an implement connected to it. Any help would be appreciated
bill That is the correct way the lift control levers work on a mf 175. If you look close at the plate where the levers are the fuctions are stamped into the steel. you may have to take 30 years of paint off but they are there. The pipes out of the left side cover are for your aux. hyd remotes and have no affect on the three pt. hitch, it has it own pump. Oh and don't try to remove the left side cover, you have to remove the top cover and undo hyd lines before it can be removed.
Jerold Ketron Thanks Bill, I have never really looked at the tractor Lift control system, being that I am used to the way other lifts works I thought maybe it was working backwards, I just bought this tractor back in Feb and to tell the truth never paid attention to how the lift worked when it was delivered, but as I was using it to plow a small garden last week I noticed that it wasn't like the MF-35, made it a bit confusing at first, I guess I'll get used to it, and as for the Aux system, thanks again for that info, I hope I never have to get into that portion.
Dick Weaver I have a MF-175 and the lift works just like it is supposed to. Lift control lever up, the implement comes up.
Shove it down and the implement goes down.
Sounds as if your linkage inside the tractor is hooked up wrong.

nick Use the outside lever for up and down. That is what I started doing. It confused me at first too, but I happened to notoice the markings the other fellow talked about.

nick Use the outside lever for up and down. That is what I started doing. It confused me at first too, but I happened to notoice the markings the other fellow talked about.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: