SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF-383, Loader Hydraulics Problems

don I have a 1991 MF383 with a MF-236 Loader. When I lift the loader it will not stay up. It drifts down slowly. Also, when I try to lift dirt, I cannot curl the bucket nor can I lift it unless I back out of the dirt pile then try to lift. Even then, it will not lift it high, and the bucket will still come down by itself.

I switched the Loader's hydraulic lines in the rear of tractor (valve body) and it will go up and stay up, in fact it keeps climbing slowly, but hooked up this way, I cannot curl the bucket. (it's the wrong hook up) But that tells me that the hydraulic pump (front of engine) is working ok ??? Also the three point hitch works fine under pressure.

There are two valve body on the Loader itself. One, where the lines go back to the rear of the tractor hook-up (looks brand new). The other valve body on the loader is "fed" from the later, then "feeds" the actual bucket cyclinders and loader arms.

After I raise the loader as it drifts down (by itself) you can see the hydraulic lines to the bucket and arms "Jump" a bit. Does this mean there is AIR in the lines??

Is there any adjustments for the valve bodies?

Is there a way to bleed the hydraulic system??

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Don

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: