SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

problum with rear end

larrry covington I have a Massey 135 diesel tractor I am having problems with. Hopping you may help, when I put it in gear it will not move it is like something in the rear is not working the shalf on pto will not work .Would you know what may be wrong is the fluid low or is something broke.
GEEBEE Sounds like it could be a clutch problem. Did this happen when you were working it ?, has it been sitting for some time ? Can you "feel" both stages of the clutch on the pedal ??
larrry covington THE CLUTCH IS WORKING I THINK I OPENED THE FILL PLUG AND WHEN I INGAUGE THE CLUTCH THE GEARS IN SIDE ARE TURNING AND IT HAPPEN WHEN I WAS NOT USING THIS JUST MOVED IT FOR A SHORT DISTANCE.
I HAD BEEN HAVING PROBULMS WITH GETTING THE PTO TO INGAUGE WHEN USING THE BUSH HOG AN SOME TIME IT WAS HARD TO DISK IN GAUGE.

GEEBEE Hmm i see, in that case Larry it is almost certainly the shear coupler on the differential pinion shaft has either broken or the split pin has come out allowing the coupler to slide back on the shaft. If you drain down the oil to the bottom bolt hole on the PTO lever plate, remove the plate and look in there you should be able to see the shaft and coupler. Unless its just a simple pin replacement you will have to remove the lift cover under the seat to replace the coupler.
Larry Covington You were right Geebee I removed the cover plate and found that the split pin has come out allowing the coupler to slide back on the shaft and the gear on the same shalf had came off it has a nut with lock washer behind it I was able to put the gear back on but I do not see what holds it in place and how do I replace this pin to keep it from falling out.
GEEBEE The pin is a simple 3/16" x 2-1/2" cotter pin, you just center the coupler between the two shafts insert the pin through the coupler and bend over the ends. Not too sure about the gear, it sounds like the PTO ground speed gear, i have never removed one of those and didn't think it came off without removing the shaft ??. I will send you a couple pages from the parts manual showing the breakdown and hopefully ya can figure it out.
Larry Covington Geebee the gear I was talking about is on the same shaft but it is above the PTO gear when ingauged this gear is ingauged into this gear to start PTO. though this may help you understand more

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: