SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Sickle bar 3 point alignment problem.

Bill Woods I have acquired an old MF Canadian made sickle bar mower - 6 foot. I need to move the assembly 5 inches to the middle of the 3 point to align the drive shaft with the tractor drive system. It appears I need a longer mounting fixture that holds the input section to the 3 point arms. All bolts are free but I have come to the conclusion that there are different length mounting arms. Am I right and where can I find one? New to MF ans especially new to sickle bars as far as this type of issue goes. Suggestions please. Thanks, Bill

Len If the inner show is aligned just outside the right wheel, the alignment may be correct. The PTO shaft may run to one side. I have a JD 350 and it runs to one side or the other depending on the mower being setup for large or small frame tractors.
Bill Woods Not sure what an inner show is. Please elaborate. This mower was set up for a larger tractor and I am trying to use it on a small Kubota 6200. Appears the lift arms are not long enough to make things easy. As the mounting plate has several holes in it for relocation of the drive system, I figured all I needed to do was move it over. Unfortunately the arm that holds the pulley in place is fixed to the lift frame. It appears that i need a longer arm to move things over. sound right? Is there such a thing?

Len The inner shoe is just the left end of the bar. The cutting area of the bar should be somewhat outside the tire track, but not much. I have a L3130 Kubota and my JD350 mower would be too much for it. I think it would mount, but I've never tried it. (The sickle lift wouldn't work anyway) How big is your Kubota?
Bill Woods The b6200 is the size of overgrown lawn tractor. About 900 pounds, 16hp 3cyl. It can easily carry the mower as well as a 5 foot bush hog as long as I have front weights. Great tractor, especially in short turn areas. Turns on a dime. My problem is that the lift arms are relatively short and the mower has lift pins that are 29 inches wide while all other implements are 26 inches. So the angle for the shaft is pretty extreme and the left side arm plate does not lock up on the arm. I could remove that piece and probably get along just fine. Just want to know if there is a way to relocate the drive pieces more to the center. There are bolt holes in the mounting plate that suggest there is a longer support arm for the pulley system.
Fred Hart try to find a manual for the mower.

I have a MF 6 ft mower.

The pto does not run straight out behind tractor as say a bushhog would.

When properly adjusted the pto shaft will run Parallel to the ground and to the left of center of tractor.

ANGELA FOSTER I HAVE A SICKLE BAR THAT CAME OFF A 1948 TRACTOR . I HAVE SERIAL AND MODEL # ON THE BAR .WHERE CAN I FIND INFO ON A MANUEL FOR THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: