SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF35 tach fix HELP!

Les Delancy I have a 1962 MF35. I just got it. It is a beatiful machine, cosmetically resored and everything works perfectly... except for the gauges. I see that the temp gauge is mechanical, so it's most likely a bad sensor bulb; just replace the gauge. The fuel sending unti is just not there (I'm assuming it goes in the top of he tank where mine just has a plate). The tach is the problem... this tractor has been "upgraded" to a GM alternator. (I don't know why people don't just repair the orignal generator systems!) There has to be some type of adapter or belt driven drive mechanism that can be used to make the tach work. I know this is a common mod, and I don't see how anyone culd properly run a PTO device without a working tach. How do I make my tach work without swapping the alterator out?
GEEBEE The only other option is an electronic tach.
Les Delancy Does anybody make a direct replacement electronic tach with all of the speedometer and PTO speed scales on it?
GEEBEE I am not aware of any that show anything other than RPM's. I hear that a seller on ebay is offering an Alternator with a conversion to accept the original tractometer cable.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: