SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

mf135 gas stuck in reverse

Russell Oliveri Hi need some help with my MF135 gas engine that is stuck in reverse. Was reading about the screwdriver in the oil fitting trick..

Can someone please explain to me how to do this.

pictures anyone?

thanks in advance

GEEBEE Here is a reply from "Big Dean" on the subject, this covers it well...

Getting the main shift lever unstuck
Pull your filler plug for the transmission look inside you will see a big gear. Find a level spot shut off the tractor. Push the clutch down & put the high low shifter in neutral to relieve any pressure that might be on the gears. With a long screwdriver or a small pry bar pry the big gear forward if it is hung in reverse. Pry it back if it is hung in first gear. If you happen to go to far it will go in the other gear. You need to get it in the center. You should be able to feel the detent balls pop in the grooves in the shift rail as you move the gear. Through the years I have probably unstuck at least a 1000 of them this way. It is a common problem on the Massey tractors after they get a little wear on them

GEEBEE To avoid this problem in the future Russell, get into the habit of shifting with the palm of you hand and not lifting up on the gear shifter.
Russell Oliveri Thanks guys I havent had time to try it till this weekend.It seems I can go into 1st gear and reverse but havent found the detent yet, I can drive in 1st gear even though the stick is still stuck in the revrse position. is it possible there is something else wrong or am I missing something?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: