SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

mf35 starting problem

derek goldberg my battery went dead. after I tried jumping it for two days it finally stopped trying to kick over and all I hear now is the button to start it being pushed in and a click. Anyone know whats going on?

Jeff Z. It could be a number of problems. Battery shot and not taking a charge, dirty connections, bad starter. The clicking noise you here is the solenoid switch. That is normal.
Try charging the battery on a charger and clean every connection, battery terminals, where the wires connect to the solenoid and where the wire connects to the starter. Make sure the wires connected to the battery terminals if they are the clamp type are clean under the clamps.

derek Ill clean everything today and let you know

Tammy Graves I have a massy ferguson 35 perkins once it is pulled of to start it will idle but you can not put it in gear and give it the throdle it will shut off and will not crank , but if you switch it off while it is idleing,you can start the engine up with the starter but if you rev the engine or it goes dead by it self , you can not restartthe engine with the starter,you will have to pull it off to restart the engine. if you could give me some help I sure would appreciate it. I am incline to think it might be the injector pump,but I donot know
Les Delancy Sounds like either a failed soleniod/relay or a bad starter. Check for power coming out of the solenoid/relay when you push the buton. If you get nothing (but have power on the battery hot side) your soleniond/relay is bad. If power is there, check for power to the starter motor. If there is power to the starter motor it is bad. If you loose power in between the two, you have a bad connection/cable.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: