SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 165 lost live power

mark Hi, I have a MF 165, mid 1960s.. Continental, gas.. My live power is lost. When it quit working, I adjusted the clutch, but that made no difference.. Clutch down the tractor and PTO stop, then release the clutch the tractor moves at the same time the PTO, lift arms work. In other words, my clutch works fine, but the live power isnt kicking in... Is it a pump?? Do I need to split the tractor to repair it?
GEEBEE Mark, this couldn't be something as simple as you having the PTO lever in ground speed instead of engine speed, could it ???
mark I am afraid not. As I mentioned in my initial post, my live power is not working. The pto and lift arms work as if there is no live power. The pto starts when the clutch is released and the tractor is not moving.
GEEBEE When you say you adjusted the clutch, did you adjust the PTO clutch or just the pedal?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: