SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF to35 (yugo-serbia made) can open the hood

Ken MacPherson IMT - Massey Ferguson T0-35 (made in Yugo, I was sternly corrected that it's Serbian!
This should be an easy one. I feel idiot for asking. But how does one open the hood to get the battery and inside of the engine compartment?
The air intake up pipe seems to block the way.
Quite frustrated at such a seemingly simple thing.

GEEBEE Pull the pipe out of the air cleaner ???
Ken MacPherson You know i tried that, pulled on it, twisted it, i thought maybe it screwed out, but it turned a 1/2 turn then would budge. I tried turning it to the clockwise (thinking it was left hand thread or something crazy like that.) I'm going to put a pipe wrench on it.
ken macpherson Yupe that was it. it was rusted in there.

Pipe wrench to turn it and then pull it out.
Stuck again. Oiled it up and put it back in. I think I'm going to have to wire brush this so it's not so rusty.

Thanks for the simple answer, I didn't want to start strong arming it without knowing for sure.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: