SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO35 front main leak & carb

Jason The seller has been very honest with me about the tractor I am buying. He says the front main seal leaks and that after a couple hours of use the carb starts acting up not sure what its doing but he says it has to be tweaked.

How much trouble is a front main seal to replace and are they available.

And after reading the board seems like the carbs give some trouble, are they pretty easy to fix.

garymck I don't know how difficult it is to repair the seal but most parts are readily available from the MF dealer. You have either a Carter or a Marvel-Schrebler carb. Rebuild kits are available online. I rebuilt my Carter and I am no mechanic. Fairly easy! Any mechanic should be able to help you. The kits are in the $20-25 range.
willie IT is fairly simple to replace the seal it took me about 3 hours.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: