SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 35 hydraulic filter

John Greenlee Hi:

My hydraulic 3-pt hitch lift is weak (will pick up a single bottom plough, but not a hay rake). Transmission fluid is clean, but I cannot find a filter. Is there one? What else could be the problem?

Thanks

GEEBEE You may or may not have a hyd. filter a lot of the early ones didn't. The filter is accessed thro the plate with the PTO lever on it on the left side, drain down oil, remove plate and you should see a cupped plate inside that holds the filter. If you don't have one,remove the transfer cap/selector valve on right top front of lift cover, remove standpipe from pump and check to see if you have the "O" rings top and bottom of pipe, if they are there and in good shape replace the pipe making sure the pipe locates into the hole in the pump. If not that, remove plate on right side,with motor running hook up an implement and try to lift, look inside with a flashlight, if you see oil running down from top rear this indicates a leaking cylinder, oil from top front a leaky control valve, major turbulence from front bottom is leaking valves/seals in the pump. Lift cover must be removed to fix. Hope this makes some sense.

John Greenlee Many thanks! Very helpful.
sunny I just got this mf31 55hp 12/1972 ser# 9A153 B8G or C hydraulic lift not working where is the filter located. And what or how can i get it to work

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: