SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 35 (diesel) oil pressure ???

Skychief I have a new-to-me MF 35 with a 3 cyl Perkins diesel. This is my first tractor by the way. I noticed while bush-hogging today that the oil pressure read near 30 p.s.i. After about an hour of mowing, the pressure read around 20-25 p.s.i. The temperature stayed at 180 degrees throughout. Do I have a problem to be concerned about? What is the normal operating pressure please? (I have ordered a manual, but haven't got it yet!). Also, how low may the pressure read before I should deinately shut her down? Thanks for any help guys! Skychief.

GEEBEE I don't believe you have a serious problem , mine runs 40-45 at start up, 25-30 hot. You wouldn't want to be any less than 15 hot. what oil are you using, has it and the filter been changed ?. You also don't know how accurate the guage is from one to another.

Skychief Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't changed the motor oil nor filter yet. I do know that the dipstick shows that it is full. What Oil is reccommended and what is the capacity? Thanks again for putting my mind at ease concerning the oil pressure!

GEEBEE 15/40 diesel spec oil works good, takes 6.8 litres.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: