SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 231 DIES AFTER APPROX. 10 SECONDS

Lance Bradleyh I recently changed my fuel filter and tractor hasn't run properly since. Things I've tried are as follows:
Tried (2) new AG Fuel filters
Replaced fuel pump
Replaced plastic fuel line from tank to pump
Cleaned line from pump to filter assy.
dismantled and cleaned aluminum filter assy.
Bled the injector pump
bled the injectors
inspected and cleaned fuel shut off valve at tank
Checked fuel shut off at injector pump
visually checked all connections for leaks

Engine will start and run 10 seconds and dies like it runs out of fuel.10 seconds while engine is running it is missing. Please, Please help!

Lance

Joe You say you replaced the lift pump?
Terry Mizell Lance,

It appears that there is still air in the fuel system somewhere. I'm sure you've checked all the fittings for tightness, so again loosen the connection at the fuel pump and have someone pump the air bleeder - which is usually on the right hand of Perkins engines, while you watch for bubbles coming from the fuel connection line. I had to repeat this process about 4 times recently before it started.

Terry Mizell

Earl Veasman I WOULD SUSPECT YOU EITHER HAVE YOUR TWO O-RINGS ON THE FUEL FILTER REVERSED (VERY EASY TO DO AND HARD TO TELL APART) OR YOU DON'T HAVE THEM SEATED EXACTLY IN THE GROOVES. WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR FILTER OFF - OPEN YOUR TANK VALVE AND BE SURE YOU ARE GETTING FUEL DOWN TO THE FILTER.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: