SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO35 Tachometer Cable location

Jim Quartel I have a 1957 TO35 (gas) that is now 12V. When I bought it the tach was not hooked up and there is no cable. I was talking to a supplier today and he said if my 6V generator has been changed to an alternator then I cant hook up the tach. Is this true? I cant tell from the parts or service manuals where the cable goes.

thanks
Jim

Fred T. Hart Jr. jim,

i have a to-35, 1957 model, it came from factory as 12 negitive ground.

it has a tach cable that goes into the back of the generator.

you can still buy the generators, but if your gears are ok, it can be rebuilt.
just get a cable,

you may have to buy a new tach as they go bad, mine still works, hr meter quit about 20 years ago after 4k hours.

tractor still runs like a top, i like having a tach, if mine quit, i would buy a new one for tractor.

good luck,

they also made a alternator with the gear output for the tach. friend had a 165 older model that had one.

Jim Quartel do you know where you water temp gauge probe screws into the motor? I looked on the top radiator hose/thermostat fitting and dont see a connection point.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: