TO 35 - Governor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO 35 - Governor

Noel Jones I have had a problem with the engine dying out after 30' or so work mowing....a local tractor repair says it sounds like a problem with the governor and they estimate $1,100 US for labor alone to get in and replace the parts needed. Their rate is $69 an hour....anyone have any idea is this is a reasonable amount of time it takes to get in and do a repair?

Thanks...

nj

GEEBEE Could also be fuel starvation ?, have you checked the fuel system, filters etc. Disconnect lines and see if ya have good fuel flow. You may also have the small filter in the tank above the shutoff ??
DLL I just replaced the governor on my TO-20 & it wasn't that difficult. Like you, I found the cost to be pretty high & decided to attempt it myself. It was a first for me, but I got it back together today & it cranked right up & runs much better. All I need now is some minor adjusting, but feel much better after not paying all that labor.

If anyone has any suggestions on adjusting the governor, I'd appreciate any & all input. Thanks

steve I was repairing a TO 35 back in the early 1970's. The governor was not working because the parts, including a lever was put on backward. No new parts were needed for the repair.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: