Ferguson to35

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ferguson to35

Gary McKinnon Any idea why after the tractor has been on for a while and I turn it off, it does not want to start until it cools down. It has a year old 6 volt battery, re-conditioned generator, new solenoid. Do you think the starter needs to be re-done?
Fred T. Hart Jr. I have a TO-35, 1957 model, however it has a factory 12 volt system and starts fine, hot or cold.

From my experience, the 6 volt systems were a bit slow on starting power especially when motor was warm.

Others have installed 8 volt batterys to give a bit more power on starting, check to be sure other electrical systems will take the extra voltage.

Note: There are many 6 volt batteries, you may not have a battery with the highest cold cranking amps. You need the biggest badest battery that will fit in the battery box, to start a 6 volt system.

Need to check this out.

Also make sure you have a good tuneup and do a compression test on engine, may have weak compression.

Good luck on starting problem,

Dwayne Check to see if you have a ballast resister in series with plus voltage to distributor. This has to do mediating problems caused by heat.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: