Hydraulic pump question.......

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulic pump question.......

David Baker How do you get to the hydraulic pump on a 1964 massey ferguson 35? I think it needs rebuilt but I'm not sure how hard it is to get to.I've heard you have to split the tractor, can anyone please advise? MANY THANKS!!!
GEEBEE Hi David, you can access the pump by removing the lift cover under the seat, this is HEAVY and some type of lifting gear is handy. To prevent damage remove the transfer cap on front top right of cover and remove standpipe. A shop and parts manual would be a great help. Have you tried other options such as cleaning filter, checking operation of controls etc.??
david baker I have replaced the fluid and filter. Upon replacing them I noticed the filter was all deformed. Before I had no hydraulics at all, now
the arms will raise with nothing on it but under a load it will do absolutely nothing.

GEEBEE Hi David, you should be able to see what is leaking by removing the plate on the right side of tranny, the one with the dipstick in it, you will need to remove this anyway to disconnect the control arm if removing the lift cover, first drain oil down to lower bolt hole, then with engine running, draft lever fully up, raise the position control lever and look inside with a flashlight, oil streaming down from the top rear will indicate piston leakage, major turbulence in bottom corner will be pump leaking. Also check that the roller is sitting between the 2 upright forks of the control lever and that the arms move back and forth when you move the position control. HTH.
David Baker I'll check on monday , Thanks for all the info, really do appreciate it. I'll get back to you.
David Baker I removed the RH cover and can not see anything leaking. Nothing from the cylinder or the pump itsself. Next, I am wondering about the position of the roller and the 2 upright forks. they are both on the same side of the roller.(on the right)Is this correct and if not what should I do next? Thanks
GEEBEE No not correct, the roller needs to be repositioned so that it sets in between the forks. With any luck ya could have found the problem !!
Kevin Evers i am having same problem with a 135 possible the same?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: