PTO continuously running

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO continuously running

Kevin Stinson I Have alate 60's MF 165 diesel and the pto runs all the time did these tractors always do this

GEEBEE Hi Kevin, no it shouldn't be running all the time.
Does your 165 have Independent PTO

GEEBEE Sorry, that should read , does it have IPTO or Multipower transmission ?
rick daugherty I've got this same problem...mine has the multipower transmission. I had a guy do some work on it and ever since the pto won't shut off. He took the clutch assembly to get repacked at a Ferguson dealer but I think they left a shim or something out. I have adjusted the clutch pedal and the fingers on the fly wheel/clutch assembly and nothing seems to make a difference. Could they have left something out when they repacked the clutches or is there something else that will cause this back in the transmission because the mechanic did take the pto shaft out to replace the rear seal?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: