MF 202 Fan Belt

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 202 Fan Belt

Louis Miller Does any one know how to change a fan belt on an MF 202? It looks like you have to take apart the whole front end to get the new belt on. I cannot imagine Massey made it this difficult.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill Burge Sorry but yes they did !! if its what i think you have ,(a 3cyl engined yellow digger) ive done one to change the front crank seal.

Much later i was asked to fit a new fan belt, i told the customer when i did the seal that the split in the pulley would ruin the belt !but he wouldt listen !

I went to the local bearing supplier and bought a length of link belting and fitted that instead.

Lot easier than taking the front off !

Should you do it the long way, fit two and tie the other out of the way, it will save you time next time. Bill.

John Nolan Yep, sad to say, MF really did it to us on this one. I had to replace mine yesterday. If I could have waited on the link belt, I would have gone that route. I did find that if you unbolt the crank pulley from the hydraulic pump extension and pull the pump, there is enough room to slide a 3/8's belt through instead of the 1/2. The 42 inch length is still good. I went with a Gates belt hoping it would last longer and given the low amount of stress on it, it will. I'll save splitting the front end for when I'm ready to put new bushings in the steering. Hope this helps.
mmetalman Thanks I gotta do my 202's soon, just had the pump & shaft out but didn't think of it then ofcourse. I know all about the reverse thread on the end of the shaft and was wondering if there was enough room to slide a new belt betwwen the plate and pully, sounds like there is, thanx. Any front-mounted pump machine has the same problem, like on my Terratrac dozer, I might as well get used to it, lol.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: