massey 2705 trans reverse problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 2705 trans reverse problem

randy i have massey 24 speed . tractor reverse works part time when it gets warmed up it quits . let it sit for a while and it works agian change hyd . filter but did not help
greg the powershift needs to be rebuilt reverse takes the most power to move they also make a kit to do away with the 24 speed if your going to keep tractor it would be worth looking at but its kind of pricey
Werner The problem will be that the o-rings on the low clutch on the power shift are leaking and you are loosing pressure and the clutch is slipping. It is a rather strange setup the way they use the planetary uint in the powershift for reverse. It is a fair large job to take on to repair but if you haven't abused it to much you can probably get away with under a grand in parts. (I just did mine it had the same problem). Werner
Paul Dawson I have a 2705 Massey in the shop to repair the same problem. Do you have to remove the transmission to do this repair or can it be done by just splitting the tractor at the clutch? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Darall Snyder My tranny is slowing down and then speeding up it seems like the powershift is trying to use two ranges at once is this possible, and is it fixedable for a decsent price. I hope so that perkins purrs like a kitten and the hyd are great as well.
Dan Paul,
The tractor has to be split at the clutch and then the powershit unit is bolted in the front of the transmision housing. I changed all the O-Rings in mine for about $130. I think my cousin and i had about six hours splitting it and putting it back togeather and i had probably 2-4 changing O-Rings.
Dan

Dan Paul,
The tractor has to be split at the clutch and then the powershit unit is bolted in the front of the transmision housing. I changed all the O-Rings in mine for about $130. I think my cousin and i had about six hours splitting it and putting it back togeather and i had probably 2-4 changing O-Rings.
Dan

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: